Crushed shells cost $2 per square foot, $40 per cubic yard, or $50 per ton on average. Prices depend on the type of shells and location. Prices depend on the type of shells and location. Crushed clamshells are the cheapest in Florida, Georgia, and Alabama, where it''s $10 per ton, $14 per yard, or $0.53 per cubic foot for 1" size washed White ...
Our Shells are mined in Florida, supporting the local economy . Our Coastal Double Washed Shell is great for Plant Beds, Decorative landscaping, Parking lots, and Xeriscaping. We deliver Decorative Bulk Shell throughout the United States. Available in 1/2 Cu Ft bags, 1 yard Bulk Bags, Semi Dump, or Rail. Call us Today….
Labor Costs: $2/sf - $5/sf or $50/hour. More often than not, you will hire a mason to install your driveway pavers. Therefore, you have to consider professional labor costs as well. For an average 1,000sf driveway, the labor can cost $2,500 or more, which adds an additional $2.50/sf to the overall cost of the driveway.
· Heated Driveway Costs: Average Cost. $3,500. Low-End Cost. $1,500. High-End Cost. $7,500. A heated driveway melts away accumulated ice and snow, meaning you don''t have to shovel. Eliminating snow or ice also reduces the chance of injury, either from someone slipping or from a car losing control and causing damage to the house.
How much does it cost to pave a concrete driveway? The average cost for a standard two car-driveway measuring 16′ ft. x 40′ ft. that equals 640 sq. ft. with a a minimum of 1/8 inch per foot slope for drainage will cost you $3,840 – $4,480 or $6-7.00 per square ft..This would be on the low-end.
How much a driveway should cost. Average costs and comments from CostHelper''s team of professional journalists and community of users. A gravel driveway starts at roughly $0.75-$3 or more a square foot, or $300-$1,000 for a 12''x25'' single-car driveway. Costs can double for a roadway-quality driveway. Loose gravel will need replenishing periodically, but a correctly designed, installed and ...
Relative Affordability. Pound for pound, aggregate is the cheapest of these four common driveway materials. A basic gravel driveway can cost as little as $0.50 per square foot – an order of magnitude less than a professionally installed asphalt, stone, or concrete driveway. Durability. Aggregate is extremely durable.
The cost to install average concrete driveway depends upon material and finish grade, surface area and material volume, preparation and special needs, and the labor rate. In the following table the Labor Cost figure is what the able and prepared DIY persons should expect to save by performing the corresponding tasks.
· My main concern is damage during heavy rains and/or flooding. Hi all, I am researching crushed shell for use as a driveway. I''d like to add a turn-around to my front yard, but we have a large tree that I would like to keep. I''m guessing we can''t use concrete because we''d have to cut through roots, so we''re thinking crushed shell.
The cost to Grade a Driveway starts at $6.25 - $7.84 per square foot, but can vary significantly with site conditions and options. Get fair costs for your SPECIFIC project requirements. See typical tasks and time to grade a driveway, along with per unit costs and material requirements. See professionally prepared estimates for driveway grading work.
· The thicker the shell, the more difficult it will be for more grass and weeds to come back. But thicker shell is also more expensive, of course. One cubic yard of crushed seashells cost me about $50.00 at a local bulk supplier. I get the feeling that I could have shopped around and found a slightly better price, but probably not by much and ...
(A cubic yard of gravel is 3''x3''x3'' and weighs roughly 1.2 to 1.7 tons or more). A 12''x25'' single-car driveway 9" thick requires an estimated 10-14 tons, which can cost $100-$850. A 14''x100'' driveway 6" thick requires about 26 tons of gravel, or $260-$1,560 for just the stones.
· As for snow. I hand shovel my driveway. I don''t scrape to the earth when shoveling. I try to leave about 1" of covering snow. Worst case I rake the shells back into the driveway in the spring. I like the look and if you can get the shells cheap it is a good driveway. Also, the shells don''t get tracked into the house as much as the beach sand ...
· Below you will find relatively accurate estimation on driveway cost for Gravel, Asphalt, Concrete and Brick driveways. Gravel driveways cost. The average cost of a 50 m2 gravel driveway ranges from £1,080 – £1,500. Estimate to pay between £20 – £30 per square meter for a simple overlay and £50 – £60 when digging is also required.
Driveway Installation Cost. Although the price of installing or paving a driveway can dramatically differ from property to property, the average cost to install a driveway is roughly $4,300, with most homeowners paying between $3,198 and $4,860. Fortunately, by understanding what costs go into the project, you can make sure you pay less than ...
Best Gravel for Your Driveway - 9 Top Options - Bob Vila
Crushed Shell Driveway Cost. A crushed shell driveway costs $0.50 to $4 per square foot, $14 to $120 per cubic yard, or $10 to $86 per ton. The lowest prices are available in areas close to the coastline like Florida, Georgia, and Alabama.
· The shell used for constructing the driveway is mined about 20 miles north of my house. It is a byproduct of mining sand; five different sizes of material come out of the mine and are used for construction. The sand is used for construction and the shells are sorted out by size and intended use. My driveway is topped with ⅜" graded shell.
Great information! My husband and I just purchased a 1986 home that sits back off the road with a long driveway. The original owner used crushed concrete. The driveway has held up really well. We have 3 holes, but will have the driveway graded and hope to find more crushed concrete to resurface. To pave the driveway would cost $12,000.00.
The cost to install gravel is $1.25 and $1.80 per square foot. The average cost of a 16x38 foot gravel driveway is $1,500. Driveways on the smaller side can cost as little as $300 with a larger and longer driveway costing as much as $60,000. Whether you want a basic gravel driveway or something more stylish, multiple factors affect the cost.
· 1,316 Posts. #2 · Mar 12, 2019. My wife works for a busy homebuilder in NW Ohio, and does most of the sitework, and engineering. She says $1.20 a sq ft, so a 12'' wide driveway would be $14.40 a linear foot, or roughly $4400 for 300''. Now this might not include the larger base stone.
· Crushed Seashells – Emerald Landscape Supply, providing the best …. Crushed Seashell Driveways and Walkways …. Crushed shells are actually a very effective surface for walkways and driveways and, when bought in … to use a couple of cubic yards or more, seashells are comparable in price to crushed stone. » More detailed.
Total Gravel Driveway Cost: $4,729 / $2.95 per square foot In the final analysis, this driveway came out slightly higher than the top end of the standard cost, which we gave as $2.85 per square foot. The reason is that all three layers of material were installed, the materials were priced near the upper limits, and the culvert and drain tile ...
· A homeowner should expect to pay $4,420 for a new driveway, on average, according to HomeAdvisor. The site''s users indicated their costs ranged from $2,379 to $6,471. That breaks down to about $2 to $15 per square foot for materials and installation. The biggest variable in price is the material you use. Depending on whether you go with asphalt ...
Oct 30, 2017 - Explore Chris Whitaker''s board "Shell Driveways" on Pinterest. See more ideas about backyard, landscape design, front garden.
· Installing a concrete driveway will cost you, on average, around $4,000. However, some homeowners pay as little as $3,200 — or as much as $5,250 to $15,000.. Ultimately, how much you''ll spend on your driveway will depend on many factors, including the size of the driveway, whether you want a heated driveway and if you opt for stamping, coloring or borders.
The cost of a cobblelock or block paving driveway will depend on a number of factors such as size, existing ground, access, waste removal etc but as a rough guide our prices range from €60to €90 per square metre for standard cobblelock. Granite finish cobblelock costs €10 extra per square metre. This includes everything from start to finish.
1. Determine where in your yard you want to place the crushed shells since this can affect the shells that you buy. For general landscaping you can use small-sized crushed shells, medium-sized ...
Acadiana Shell & Limestone has been the "go to" place for homeowners for over 30 years throughout South Louisiana who are looking for a supplier for their limestone driveway or gravel driveway project. Our locally owned and operated limestone yards have high quality aggregate materials at affordable prices. Contact our closest office to you ...
· Hereof, how much does a shell driveway cost? When bought in bulk, seashells are on the more affordable end of the spectrum: comparable to crushed gravel; less than asphalt, concrete, or stone. Clamshells seem to be the least expensive, offered at about $40 per cubic yard, or $50 per ton. We priced crushed oyster shell at $385 per ton.
There''s a bocce-court supplier in Washington State that will sell you a pre-mixed yard of crushed shells and flour, but to have that plopped onto my driveway would have cost $1,250." Bryan''s Comments: I like the way the tennis clay works on your court. It looks very nice. Yes, I''ve been getting quite alot of inquires for Oyster Shell Flour.
Cost Of Clam Shell Driveway. We had a clam shell driveway when we bought our house last year, and while it looked pretty, the shells were everywhere.They stuck to our shoes, they were in the house, in our cars, and my dh took them to work on his shoes and left them in the parking lot there.When we built our new garage we replaced the shells with gravel.
The Flori-Stone 0.5 cu. ft. Sea Shells are natural sea shells collected from the Atlantic Ocean. These shells can be used for pathways, walkways and as a decorative ground cover. Each natural shell is unique and chosen for its 1 - 3 in. size and attractive white color. These sea shells cover approximately 3 sq. ft. when spread 2 in. D.
Distribute excavation material on site. Balance of 2 hr (s) minimum labor charge that can be applied to other tasks. For a basic project in zip code 47474 with 120 square feet, the cost to Install an Exposed Aggregate Driveway starts at $11.04 - $13.45 per square foot*. Actual costs will depend on job size, conditions, and options.
Beside this, how much does a yard of crushed shell cover? Crushed clamshell runs at about $0.60 per square foot. A cubic yard is about $40 and a ton about $50. Even if you don''t live by the beach, crushed shells are another great option for driveway coverage. One may also ask, what is the cheapest way to do a driveway?
· Asphalt driveway costs fluctuate, depending on the driveway size and slope. This leads to a national average of $3,000 to $10,000, with most people paying around $5,804 for a 24 by 24-foot hot mix asphalt driveway with a stone base.
Driveways and Parking Areas: Shell is an ideal base to use in driveways and parking areas because of its durability, drainage benefits, and natural appearance. It also serves as a less expensive, greener alternative to traditional concrete or asphalt. Both oyster and coquina are solid choices for shell driveways.